Hello my loves and happy Thursday! I have completed a month of classes (holllla) and I thought I would throw together a guide to college. These are just some tips and tricks that I have personally learned during my time in college. Thanks for reading and enjoy!
- Get to know your instructors. These are the people who want to help students succeed, so why not get to know them? Contact instructors via email or set up a time to meet during their office hours (on their syllabus). I can’t tell you how many times I have met with my teachers to go over content or for them to give me feedback on a paper etc.
- Write down important dates. This is crucial for a college student. Try to remember class times, assignment dates, days you work, assigned readings, dinner dates, sports dates, and sorority/fraternity activities without writing them down. Get into the habit of writing things down and remembering to check them. Trust me, it will help in the long run when you have a Biology test to complete over Blackboard…
- Get to know the Barista at Starbucks. Not only will they spell your name right, but they will have your usual sitting on the counter as soon as they see you. This can make your commute to class a little bit faster.
- Make friends within your major. This makes life so much easier. Having friends within my major is possibly one of the smartest things I’ve done. I have always had someone to study with or to compare notes. More importantly building relationships within your major helps build other people up. There’s way too much competition these days and we should support each other more!
- Get to class early. I’m going to be honest, I was late to class the other day. I did make it just as the instructor was taking attendance, but I felt rushed, people were looking at me, and someone took my usual seat! The nerve… Getting to class early, for me, allows me to review my notes, take out my agenda, and possibly scroll through Instagram or check SnapChat.
These are a few of my tips on college that I think are helpful. If you would like a longer list or more in depth, I will totally create another for the Spring term!
The Blonde Journals